1) Organisers: Ang Mo Kio CC Management Committee and Women’s Executive Committee and this event is played under FIDE Laws of Chess and the following rules and regulations.
2) Date & Time: Sunday 30th July 2017, 9.00 am to 6.30 pm (Participants to report by 8.45 am)
3) Venue : Ang Mo Kio Community Centre, 795 Ang Mo Kio Street 22, Singapore 569976 (Next to Blk 226H Food Centre).
4) Eligibility: Women and girls shall play in the All Women’s Chess Challenge and Men and Boys shall play in the Family Chess Challenge. There shall be three categories in each event, (a)Open (b) Challengers (c) Under-8. (Born on 2009 and later). Age shall be as at 1st January 2017.
5) Mode of Competition: 7 Rounds Swiss using Swiss Manager with 25 minutes for each player to complete the game.
6) Entry Fee: Shall be $ 18.00 per participant (Passion Card Members) and $ 20.00 (Non Passion Card Members). Para-Participants (disabled) shall have entry fee waived.
7) Prizes: Trophies shall be presented to the top 10 winners in each event and in each category. Cash Prizes for the Open Categories only, shall be – Champion: $ 150.00; Runner-Up: $ 100.00; Third to Fifth: $ 50.00 each. Additionally, for the Challenger Categories, 5 merit prizes each shall be awarded to the next best Under 12 and Under 10 participants. For the Under 8 Categories, all pre-schoolers who did not achieve top 10 positions will receive merit prizes.
8) Family Prizes: Although this is an INDIVIDUAL EVENT, 5 Trophies each shall be awarded to the best Family Teams (Duos (2 members), Trios (3 members) and Quads (4 members). The total scores of each member in the family for the 2 events (This is inclusive of participants in the All Women’s event as well) shall be added up to determine the best family teams. Eligibility for Family Team Members shall be parents, grandparents, siblings, cousins, uncles and aunties.
9) Closing Date: Sunday 25 th July 2017 at 7.00 pm or the first 180 entries. Late entries and entries without payment will not be accepted. Entry Fee paid is non-refundable.
10) In the event of any disputes (outside the Laws of Chess), the organizer’s decision shall be final and no further correspondences shall be entertained. All participants agree not to hold the organizers responsible for any mishaps or injuries incurred arising from their participation in this event.
Registration form can be accessed here.